Information for Commissioners of SaLT services: Benefits of Elklan Training for the SaLT service
Once a member of staff in a school or Early Years setting has been trained using an Elklan course they are of huge benefit because they:
- Can liaise efficiently with the SaLT service.
- Both SaLT's and the staff share a common language so reducing time needed to explain information and thus improving efficiency.
- Understand why they are being asked to support a child in a specific way
- Know how to modify their interactions with the children
- Change the way they speak to children so they understand more of what is said
- Use modelling to encourage talking
- Understand the development of speech sounds and why children have problems, they are taught simple strategies to help the child.
- Know how to support a child with interaction difficulties
- Don't need to refer every child to speech and language therapy. They can manage some children themselves and know which need to be seen for more assessment
Want to find out more?
Contact us by phone or online