Information for Parents and Carers: courses available
Elklan offers the following highly successful Let's talk range of courses for parents. All are externally quality assured and accredited by an OfQual regulated national Awarding Organisation at level 1 making them valuable for parents who are also involved in working with children.
Click on a course to find out more and search for courses near you:
All of the Let's talk courses are very practical and throughout each session there are opportunities to:
- Think about your child's communication
- Try new ideas
- Choose activities specifically for you
- Discuss a range of issues
- Practise using ideas at home or in the work place
- Gain recognition for taking part in the course by recording your ideas, observations and activities in a booklet. You can gain a certificate from OCN London. This could help you with employment opportunities. You will be given support and encouragement to achieve this goal.
All the courses are designed to run over 7 weeks, each session lasting 2 hours; they can also be taught in four half day sessions.
Also in this section:
Want to find out more?
Contact us by phone or online.